Today I want to show you this recipe Rice with Carabineros fresh from Huelva to make any day a special occasion.
If you want to make your family or friends fall in love with food, do not hesitate to prepare this rice, you are sure of success !.
Ingredients: For 4 people
- 6 to 8 carabineros of El Rincón de Huelva
- 360 gr of rice pump (round)
- A glass of brandy or cognac
- 150 gr of onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 200 gr of grated or shredded tomato
- Half a teaspoon of paprika
- Some strands of saffron
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Water (1800 ml)
Here you can SEE THE VIDEO RECIPE:
Recipe step by step of Arroz caldoso with carabineros a la plancha:
- To begin our recipe, the first thing we will do will be a fumet with the heads and skins of the carabineros. I have reserved part of the juice from the heads to add to the sofrito, this will enhance the flavor of the rice.
- Now, we put the heads and skins in a pot, add a good drizzle of olive oil, and bring to the fire, crush the heads well so that they release all their juice.
- Next, add the glass of brandy or cognac, flambé and add the water (1 liter 800 ml), let it cook over medium heat for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Once we have the fumet almost prepared, we put with the sofrito of rice.
- In a saucepan or pan, put 4 tablespoons of olive oil and when it is hot, we throw the carabineros that we have peeled, seal it on both sides, remove and reserve.
- Next, in that same oil add the juice of the heads that we had reserved at the beginning, we give a few laps and add the chopped onion and the cloves of peeled and chopped garlic, let pojar about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Once pounded the onion, add half a teaspoon of paprika, we give a few laps and then so that we do not burn the paprika, we add the grated or shredded tomato, a pinch of salt and let it cook over medium heat until it has consumed all the tomato water.
How rice is prepared
- Now, we toss the rice, we give a few laps so that it is impregnated with the flavor of the sofrito and we add the broth of carabineros colado, we will add 4 times the measure of the rice. (For each part of rice they are 4 parts of broth).
- We put a few strands of saffron in a mortar, crush, add half a glass of water, stir and add to the rice, this will give color and flavor.
- We leave the rice over high heat for about 12 to 14 minutes, a little before the rice is tender, add the carabineros that we had sealed in the oil, let cook 2 or 3 minutes more and separate from the heat.
- This rice does not need to rest a lot with 1 minute or a minute and it will be enough, and to eat it !!
Other recipes of Rice:
Black rice with squid -> CLICK HERE TO SEE THE COMPLETE RECIPE
With Clams -> CLICK HERE TO SEE THE RECIPE
Arroz Caldoso con Gambas -> CLICK HERE TO READ THE RECIPE
- Scottish butter cookies