This creamy recipe for coffee ice cream will not leave indifferent any lover of homemade ice cream, or those who enjoy coffee. Choose decaffeinated coffee if you wish to enjoy this delicious and refreshing proposal.
To prepare this coffee ice cream recipe the following are necessary ingredients: whipped cream, condensed milk, egg yolks, icing sugar, instant coffee and milk.
Main Cookware What you need to prepare this ice cream is a casserole and a refrigerator or ice cream machine. In addition, you will need a bowl and a ladle or similar to remove the cream in the pot while cooking.
Although preparing this coffee ice cream takes time, The recipe is very simple. Of course, the result, although delicious, has a high caloric content.
- 250 ml of whipping cream
- 390 gr. condensed milk approx. (a medium can)
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 gr of sugar glass
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee (can be decaffeinated)
- 160 ml of milk
Step 1: Put the milk, instant coffee and condensed milk in a pan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, without boiling, until the mixture is uniform. Remove from the fire.
Step 2: In a bowl, beat the egg yolks together with the icing sugar. Add to the casserole mixture. Return to heat over low heat without stopping stirring and without it coming to boil, until you get a homogeneous cream. The mixture must not exceed 85-90ºC at any time. Remove from the fire.
Step 3: When the mixture has thickened and the foam has disappeared from the surface, add the cold cream and mix until you get a fine cream. Let cool. After, put in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
Step 4: When the cream is cold and has rested, put it in the ice cream machine to make the ice cream for 45 minutes.
Step 5: When the ice cream is ready, pour the contents into a suitable container and put it in the freezer for at least 2 hours before taking it.
- You can use an espresso coffee or coffee of your very concentrated taste instead of instant coffee.
- Do not forget that the cream should be very cold before putting it in the ice cream machine.
- You can add two teaspoons of some stabilizer for a better result, such as guar gum, carob gum, carrageenan, alginate or xanthan.
- If you do not have ice cream machine, you can put the mixture in the freezer and take it out every half hour and stir it with a spoon or mix it with a hand mixer, repeating the process as many times as necessary until you get the texture of the ice cream.
- You can add one or two teaspoons of pure cocoa, soluble cocoa or chocolate to the powdered cup to the mix to make a mocha type ice cream.