In many occasions the climate of the area, the orientation of the house or the lack of time for the maintenance of the garden, do not allow us to count a natural lawn in the exteriors of our house.
As an alternative to this problem, it is possible to install artificial grass, a product whose variety and quality has developed significantly in recent years.
Advantages of Artificial Grass in gardens and outdoors
- Artificial turf adapts to any climatic environment and maintains its green color 12 months of the year.
- It is a long-term economic and sustainable investment. To the do not require water for its irrigation, an important saving takes place with the passage of time. In this way, the initial outlay is amortized.
- It doesn't matter if it's hard or soft, artificial grass can be installed in any type of surface.
- It is an alternative ecological since for its manufacture recyclable and reusable materials are used.
- Artificial grass is simple to clean and cheap to maintain.
- It's great for shady areas because does not need light of the sun to stay green.
- Are used antiallergic materials in its composition, making them a totally safe material.
- Synthetic or artificial grass from a few years ago produced abrasions on the skin, but today the product has developed a lot and consists of softer fibers, with the consequent reduction of skin burns.
- Current synthetic grass is very similar to natural grass, becoming an element decorative very to take into account to dress a garden or a terrace and why not, even a large balcony.
Tips before buying Artificial Grass
- Synthetic grass It is sold by square meters and its cost varies depending on the quantity sold and the quality of the type of lawn.
- Notice that it is artificial grass of flame retardant material That is much safer.
- I recommend you acquire a type of artificial grass UV resistant (UV) It is a bit more expensive, but much more durable and resistant. Worth it.
- You should also pay attention to the drainage capacity Of these types of grass, usually ranging from 30 to 60 liters per minute per square meter, the importance of this characteristic will depend on the amount of rain that generally falls in your area, both in winter and in summer.
- There are many types of grass depending on their strength and appearance. Compare prices well and choose the one that best suits the needs of your case.
To help you in the correct choice of your artificial turf, I propose to analyze this image of Leroy Merlin where you can graphically see a comparison between types of synthetic grass, its functionality and features:
Decorating with Artificial Grass
Artificial turf is one of the most used alternatives when decorating a terrace, a patio, a balcony or a garden in particular. Over the years, the appearance of this type of grass has been improving and its price has become more affordable. For these reasons, more and more is taken into account when decorating the exterior of homes.
Some decorating ideas with artificial grass are:
- Terrace with children's play area: If you have a large terrace you can install the artificial grass in the playground. In this way, children when leaving and entering the inflatable pool or when playing can have a comfortable and safe surface.
- Decorate chill out style terraces: In a terrace decorated in chill out format you can not miss an artificial grass to make the area even more cozy. Green has the power to not only make a space more pleasant, but more relaxing.
- Balconies with color: One way to color and give life to a balcony is to install synthetic grass. Without a doubt, it gives a very special and cozy touch.